Pages

Thursday, 21 December 2017

My Pepeha

For this activity we are writing our Pepeha, Pepeha is the way you intorudus yourself in Maori going back into your mountain and river. Here is a video to help explain how to write one.


Here is My Pepeha.

Ko Maunga Hutt te maunga
Ko Avon te awa
Ko Ōtautahi ahau
Ko Seaton rāua ko Lauren ōku mātua
Ko Tia tōku ingoa

English Translation

The Mountain I affiliate to is Mount Hutt
The river I affiliate to is Avon River
I am from Christchurch.
My parents are Seaton and Lauren.
My name is Tia.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tia,

    I'm so glad that you've chosen to participate in the Summer Learning Blogging program!!
    I'm reading your blog from my home in Canada where we are having a very wintery time. Our yard it covered in snow and it's pretty chilly outside, but beautiful!
    I'm interested in your pepeha because we don't have the custom of introducing ourselves in this way. It's a super way of giving people a quick view of where you come from and to which family you belong. Well done!
    I'll look forward to reading more of your blogs!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tia
    I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
    Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tia,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you as part of the Summer Learning Journey program. It's great to see that you've been working away on these activities. Well done!

    Great work with your pepeha. I think it's great to know more about our whakapapa and our pepeha's also help us understand who we are and where we belong. It's a very important process I think!

    I like how you have included the video of how to build a pepeha here. If your readers are interested in telling their story in this way, the video will come in handy!

    I look forward to reading more of your blogs over summer. Keep up the good work!
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.